Thursday, December 31, 2009

A Reflection of 2009

A friend of mine went through and did highlights of his past year. I really loved reading his, and I decided that I should do this as well. So, here it is.

*February 3, 2009- Dustin and I were able to finalize our adoption with Carter and he officially became ours! Best day of the entire year!

*I started teaching at Hillcrest Jr. High this fall. I am the case manager for all severe students and for the most part I have really enjoyed it.

*I saw Boys II Men in concert and it truly was so good! I remembered how much I love their music.

*We celebrated Carter's 1st birthday July 26, and it was so fun. We had over 60 people there, a huge blow up water slide, and tons of giggles.
*After Carter's birthday party, the adults decided to have their own party, and I ended up falling off the huge blow up water slide...a little to much tequila.

*On our way to California we saw Jay Leno in Vegas, and he is very spastic, much more then on TV.

*Dustin and I went on a cruise with our very best of friends, there were 19 of us, to the Mexican Riviera and had one of the best vacations I can remember. We had so much fun and were able to truly get away and relax.

*On August 10, I had a cyst removed from my ovary. It was the size of a grapefruit and had a blood vessel running through it that was bigger than my fallopian tube so they had to take my tube as well. I was in a meeting at work the next day, and went to Flaming Gorge two days later.

*In April Carter had tubes put in his ears and started crawling the same day. We have only had one ear infection since

*In April I started my first round of the HCG diet and by November 1st I had lost 65 lbs.

*In May Nathan, Dustin, Carter and I went to Boise, ID to visit Haley for Memorial Day weekend. We were there to just hang in Boise. But on Sunday we decided to head into Oregon to eat breakfast, it was only about a 45 minute drive, but as we were there decided to go further in to Oregon. By the middle of the day we were headed to Portland, OR for the night. We were able to cross into Washington state, see Multnomah Falls, Mt. Hood, and Portland. It was the most fun, random trip we have ever had. We drove back Monday from Portland to Salt Lake. 1700 miles, 1300 pictures, 4 friends, 2 states, and countless memories made.

*Jocelyn and Chris were married in March and then had the big wedding in June.

*Joc and I took Carter and Colin to story time every week during the story time, and the lady reader was a complete BI!!!

*We spent a weekend with our closest friends camping up at Ponderosa. It was Carter's first trip and it ended up raining the entire weekend. We luckily had my mom and Garry's trailer to keep kids warm in. It was cold but we had a really good time.

*In March a friend gave us tickets to the Jazz game. We saw the Utah Jazz vs Phoenix Suns. It was so fun and Carter loved every minute of the game.

*My brother-in-law was in Afghanistan from June-December, and returned home safely December 17 to his bride.

*On November 16, I found out I was pregnant!!!

*On December 23, we had our first ultrasound. They did not see a baby so we wait to see if my dates are off or if the baby stopped forming. We will know more the beginning of the New Year.

*In December Dustin found his half-brother and has been able to talk with him a few times.

As we say goodbye to a pretty great year, we are looking forward to all 2010 has to offer and bring us. We want to thank each one of you who have played such an important role in our life. We have felt very blessed this year and feel like we are in a good place in our lives. HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL!

No comments:

Post a Comment