Thursday, December 31, 2009

What Christmas is All About

This year, we did a few things a little different for Christmas and I really loved it. On Dustin's side we decided instead of doing niece and nephew gifts we would adopt an was angel. It turned out to be such a great thing. I'm not going to lie, it was a little stressful but we really ended up feeling so good. It was so humbling for me to see what was on my kiddoes list.

Our angel was two years old and this is what his list consisted of. He asked for clothes, a coat, shoes, underwear, socks, and an elmo toy. It was so heartbreaking to us to see that his wants were just typical needs. We were fortunate enough to buy a little of everything. When we turned in our angel gifts there were so many little angels on the tree. It broke my heart and made me wish I was rich enough to do them all.

The other thing we did was created a Christmas party for children who are terminally ill. My sister-in-law is a CNA there and had told us how many of these kids wouldn't be receiving anything for Christmas, so we decided to do a little.

My father in law dressed up as Santa and delivered a small gift and stocking to every child. These little guys are going through so much and it breaks my heart to know so many of them spent Christmas alone.

As we did these two small projects it truly humbled me and made me realize just what Christmas is truly all about. By doing these two small things, I really did enjoy the holiday season even more!

No comments:

Post a Comment