Thursday, July 8, 2010

4th of July Weekend

The Fourth of July is one of my very favorite holidays. I always attend the parade in Murray and then try very hard to make it to a firework show somewehere in the valley. I love the smell the day brings: sunscreen, hot dogs, fireworks. The sights or patriotism, families, and gatherings. The sounds of laughter, music, and firworks going off. There truly is not much better then a holiday, such as the Fourth of July!


In Utah, the majority of the state celebrated on July 3rd, due to the 4th landing on a Sunday. Saturday morning, Dustin, Carter, and I met my mom, Gar, grandma, Colin, and Audra at the parade. The kids loved everything about it, just as I did as a child. Which makes it even better, because I now love the parade more then before. The floats, the candy, the bands, and cheers, all make it incredible!


We then walked over to Murray Fun Days for a few games and some time in the bounce houses. However, once my little boy decided he was incredibly tired, a major fit was thrown and we went home quite quickly for a nap. We then made it back to the park to watch fireworks with our friends. It was quite the show and Carter loved the big fireworks.



On the fourth, I needed to spend sometime with my god-daughters. I will do that as a separate post. So, once we got home from the hospital we took Carter and MaKylah to Del Taco for some tacos and play land. We then went to the park where they were able to play for a couple of hours. Once we were done there, we went to Nathan's house for some smaller fireworks and a get together with our dearest friends.




On the fifth of July, most people had the day off. So, there continued to be more celebration. Carter and I packed up and headed to Logan to spend sometime in the pool at the in-laws. We splashed around up there for a few hours before getting ready to head back down to Brigham City. The celebration of the fourth for them, was on the fifth, and Doug and Brein had invited us to a friends house for a bbq and fireworks. Here the company was fabulous, and the atmosphere perfect. We had such a great time enjoying another bbq and another firework show.
***This picture was taken by Brein, I love it! Her website is www.aerodaisy.com, go and check her out!***










All and all, it turned out to be an amazing fourth of July weekend. Thank you to all those who we were able to spend time with!

No comments:

Post a Comment