Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Date With Peanut...Plus A Visitor!

This afternoon, after Dustin had gone into work, Carter and I decided we needed a nap. So, he crawled into his bed, and I crawled into mine, and we slept for the next two hours. It was so nice to catch up on some much needed space.

When we woke up, I felt really good, and decided I should do something special with my little man. I grabbed my computer and started seeing what movies were playing at the dollar movie. Unfortunately, nothing caught my eye. However, something definitely caught Carter'e eye. BUZZ LIGHTYEAR!!! He started saying,"Mom, Buzz! BUZZ!!!" I decided right there I was going to take my little man to "Toy Story 3."

I found it at a theatre by my mom's and it started in twenty minutes. So, we hurried, got ready, and went out the door. We made it there, got popcorn, our 3-D glasses, and headed into the movie theatre.

I put on Cater's "cool dudes" and we started watching a preview. The first time something popped out of the screen Carter burst out a "WOW!!! Wow, Mom!!!" Then he hurried and took them off. When we put them back on there were fireworks on the screen and we had the same reaction. However, after that he no longer wanted to watch with his "cool dudes" on.

Toy Story came on and Carter was so excited to see Buzz Lightyear. He just kept repeating, "BUZZ!!!" It was so fun, and he was so excited. He just loved it. Once he settled in, we were able to share a bag of popcorn, a drink, and our first movie together. He did so good, and I was so excited to see him love it. The last twenty minutes he got a little antsy, but he did great!

I had so much fun having a date and getaway with my little boy. It was so nice to see how much he has grown, and how much he enjoyed the movie. We went to NeeNers house after and he was able to play with Colin. He told Nee-Ners and I know when he wakes up tomorrow, he will be anxious to tell his dad.

When we got home I got Peanut his milk, turned on Elmo, and was just relaxing on my couch. I look down to see a mouse come out from my dvd case. I screamed and the little mosue ran back in. My heart was palpitating and I started shaking. When out came that little creature again! This time I clapped my hands, and it ran back under again.

I wasn't quite sure what to do, but I am pretty sure I was paralyzed to my couch. I called Dustin...knowing he was at work...no answer. Sent him a text, no reply. Decided to call Jocelyn, who lives in California, no asnwer! Crap! I have to figure this out on my own.

So, I grabbed Peanut, went into my kitchen, grabbed a spoonful of peanut butter, and went looking for my keys. Of course, I couldn't find them forever, and I was getting more and more nervous knowing the mouse was still in the house. Once I found my keys, I ran around the front, unlocked the front door, put the spoon on the porch and walked away.

At that point, I see Carter coming out of the front door! WHAT!!!! I DID NOT THINK THAT THROUGH!!! So, I start saying, "Carter, come here! HURRY! Come see mommy! Hurry Carter, come here!!!" Once he gets there, we ran back around the house and came into the living room.

Shortly after, I see the mouse move towards the door. Hooray my idea is working. Mouse goes out the door to the peanut butter! Sweet, I am GENIUS!! I secretly walk up to the door, go to close it, miss...mouse comes running BACK into the house. I SCREAMED, jumped higher then I EVER have in my life back on my couch, and wanted to cry. Eventually, the little mouse went back out the door, this time I grabbed a stick, snuck back up on the little creature, and SLAMMED the door shut! Mission accomplished! Mouse is out of my house, and I did it all by myself!

3 comments:

  1. Next time do what Merrial does. He thinks they are like bugs and hits them with shoes until they are dead. Don't ask me why he does that but he does.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shan! I don't think I am brave enough to get that close to them! They FREAK me out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Mike both. (are afraid of mice, I mean) The other day Mike was cleaning out the garage and saw some mouse poop. He about died. I thought it was kinda funny. I laughed my butt off as I read your story. You know there is a good chance there is more than just the one, right?!? :-) Love you Linds! Glad you and Carter had fun at your movie. Caden and I used to go to movies together! I loved it as well! Sounds like you guys are totally enjoying your summer. Good for you girl, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete