Monday, July 26, 2010

Our Baby is 2!!!

Today our little man turned two! It blows my mind to know two years have gone by since we became parents. What a journey it has been. We have been so blessed and tonight I just want to reflect on a few moments in our baby's world.

Today I have become emotional several times over our birth mother. I am so grateful for her decision to carry Carter and then so lovingly believe in us to raise him. I am humbled by the trust she had, in Dustin and I, to care for and love the child she carried for 9 months. I will always love Nekeita and have nothing but the utmost respect and love for the woman who picked us to become a family. To read more about our birth-mom click here: http://ourliladamsfamily.blogspot.com/2009/01/our-birthmom.html

Carter has truly become our best friend. We find ourselves ooohhing and ahhing over him all the time. He cracks us up every day, several times, and brings us quickly back to what is important in our life. Our family and friends who keep us grounded and enjoying life's moments.

Right now Carter is loving Elmo and Buzz, those are his two favorite characters.

He loves bikes and trucks.

He loves to sing Twinkle Twinkle and his ABC's.

He counts like this, "1,2...1,2,1!"

He has recently learned to jump with both his feet leaving the ground, and now wants to do it with every step!

He got a fish for his birthday, from Kenzi, and named him Dorothy, after the fish on Elmo's world.

When asked how hot it is outside, Carter replies with "Super Hot!"

The list could go on forever. I am 100% infatuated with our son. I love every inch of him and could not have asked for a better little boy. There is truly never a day, that goes by, where I don't count our blessings in getting to be Carter's parents.

I will post pictures and birthday events later, I just wanted to make sure I did a post on his actual birth-day to capture some of my favorite moments with our little man. I love you Peanut and am wishing you the HAPPIEST 2nd Birthday a mom could wish for her little boy! ***MUAH***

1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to let you know that I feel terrible that we didn't make it to his party. I wish we could have been there. I was really sick on Sunday and didn't move from my bed. But I wanted to let you know I was thinking about you guys and hoped he had a wonderful day. We are so glad he is a part of our family and we love you guys.

    ReplyDelete