Sunday, July 11, 2010

MaLeah Lin

On Friday, July 2nd, my God-daughter/namesake had her tonsils removed. She did very well, and was released from the hospital without much stress. However, once she got home and the meds started to wear thin, the pain got to be quite a bit.

Due to the pain, she was refusing to drink and was having very little liquid. On Saturday, Ashley and Chris ended up taking her to the doctors, where they immediately sent her up to Primary Childrens Medical Center. There they decided to hold her for the night and make sure she got hydrated.

By Sunday morning, she was dehydrated, both her lungs had partially collapsed, she had a fever of 104, and was diagnosed with pneumonia. With the news of this, I decided I need to go spend sometime with her. When I got there, she was on oxygen and miserable.

She was so glad to see me and shortly after grandma and her sister showed up. She was in so much pain and so resistant to drink, it broke my heart. Once I was there, I asked her if I could come cuddle her and she nodded yes. For the next two hours, I laid in the hospital bed, with MaLeah Lin. She was so brave and I must admit, I loved the time cuddling her.

The next afternoon, she was released and seems to be doing much better. I am so proud of her strength during her time at the hospital and being so brave! I sure love that little girl!

2 comments:

  1. So glad that she is doing better

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor baby, I am so glad that she is out of the woods and doing better. I can't stand it when the little ones are sick, it is always scary.

    ReplyDelete