Sunday, January 31, 2010

Another Great Weekend!

I am so happy to say, I had another GREAT weekend. Dustin had Friday and Saturday off, so we decided to head to Logan on Friday. I had a doctors appointment Friday, then I ran home, packed and got on the road. When we got to Logan, we ate a fabulous dinner and then got Peanut ready for bed. Dustin and I then went into the hot tub. However, much to my dismay, the "hot"-tub, was not hot AT ALL! So, after much complaining on my part, and me having to remind Dustin of how Jack died on Titanic, we finally got out.

Saturday was so fun. Dustin and I were lucky enough to have breakfast with my in-laws at Angies. It is my favorite breakfast place in the entire world! Then Dustin went with his dad and I went with my mother-in-law. We went to the mall, did some retail therapy, got a manicure, and then headed home.

Once I got home, I laid Peanut down and tried to cuddle him. Carter kept asking for dad and I asked Dustin to join us. Well, Dustin started singing, "Lovin' Feelin'" to Peanut, and Carter fell asleep. We both agreed it melted our hearts quite a bit.

Dustin then wanted to go shooting. I have been trying to make sure I do more activities with him, so I told him I would go. We drove west of Logan, and went to the range. Let me just tell you I have an AMAZING shot! I am pretty sure out of 100 rounds, I hit the target less than 10 times. So, let's just say I am not going to quick my day job anytime soon!

After that I went back to the in-laws, ate dinner, and got ready. We got Carter ready for bed, then headed out the door. We headed to Brigham City to meet some friends at the karaoke bar. Well, right before we were out of the canyon, my phone rang and my friend said his babysitter had canceled.

Dustin and I went to the bar, had a couple drinks.s, and played a game of billiards. Our friends called back and told us they were still without a babysitter. So, we came up with a couple options, and decided to go to their house and drink. Dustin and I finished our game then went to the store and bought some beer.

When we got to their house, I was pretty relaxed. I hadn't seen my friend in over five years, and had only talked to his wife on facebook. As we started talking, we realized Brein needed a drink, and since she doesn't drink beer, we loaded up in their car, left Doug and went back to the bar. We had two quick shots then headed back to their house.

We had a great time while we were there. Dustin and Doug have similar political views and were able to have discussions I am not smart enough to have with Dustin. We then talked religion, family, friends, etc. It was so much fun to just hang out and have some adult time with friends. It was so nice to spend some time with another couple and have adult conversations! When we finally got into the car, I was completely shocked to see it was 2:15 in the morning and there was six inches of freshly fallen snow.



We finally got home at 3:00 and hit the pillow hard. When we woke up this morning we ate breakfast and then went and saw my Aunt. Dustin helped setup their new tv and we were able to just hang out and catch up. We then ran back to his parents house, packed our car, and headed back to the city of salt.



We met my family at The Old Spaghetti Factory to celebrate Dustin's, Stacy's, and Kate's birthday. It was so nice to see everyone and spend some time with my parents and siblings. I have such a great family and I truly start to miss seeing my siblings.





Dustin and I then spent the rest of the evening at home. It has been nice to just unwind and coast. I am so sad to see my weekend end. I am not ready to be back to reality, but I guess that is the way it goes. Any who, hope you all have a great week your own self!

No comments:

Post a Comment