Sunday, January 24, 2010

A Much Needed Weekend

I have recently come back into contact with some friends who I used to hang out with in high school. They are now all married and have children, and so grown up. We decided that we should all get together and spend an evening at dinner.



We went to Cafe Sylvestre's because we can reserve an entire back room, and they are great making sure the food stays safe for Colin. Well, Stacy and I were very good friends with these guys for a lot of years and spent a lot of time with them. So, when we decided to get together, I was extremely excited. Stac and I have been talking and so anxious to finally go out with some friends and spend some time together.



Everybody showed up at 6 and things just fell into the groove of the way it used to be pretty quick, except now we all have a spouse and kids! It is so fun to see everyone grown up and playing such a new role, compared to where we were 8 years ago. Which was how long since it has been since I have seen two of the guys!



We sat and talked for a couple hours, ate dinner, laughed hard, and decided we had to do this again soon. We all enjoy camping and bbq-ing so we are hoping to have more get togethers. I truly need to be able to go spend some time with other families who are in the part of life.

Dustin and I then dropped Carter off at my mom's and went to Keys on Main. I had never been there and it was so fun. For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a duel piano bar. I hadn't been yet and was anxious to finally go, what a great place to go hang out. We spent a little over an hour there with Dustin's sisters and then left.



Today I felt like we should continue with another activity. This morning I called my mom and my sister and asked if they all wanted to go bowling. They were able to talk with their spouses and everyone was in. HOORAY!











Carter has never been bowling before, and he loved it! Colin and Carter had so much fun together. They would watch the other push their ball down the ramp and would always cheer no matter what the results were. The adults had a good time too. Stac and Bri had their own little competition going and the first game was close, second game was not so good for Stac. LOL!



Peanut was completely wiped out before we even left the parking lot!We ended up having a lot of fun and it was so nice to spend our Sunday morning with our family. This weekend has been good for us. We need more social in our life, and have been trying to find people to do that with us. We are looking forward to more hang-outs with the group of friends and another trip bowling soon!

2 comments:

  1. I sure wish that I lived closer, I would love to be able to hang out with you guys more, it would be so fun.

    ReplyDelete