Thursday, January 14, 2010

A Few Quirks About Me...

Tonight, I am cleaning my kitchen and I literally giggled out loud thinking about a comment my sister said to me tonight. Which then had a chain reaction to how weird and quirky I am, and I have decided to jot some of them down because I truly am a special kind of person. LOL!!!

Stacy and I were sitting in the her kitchen talking about how much I enjoy sex on the beach...the drink of course. I am sitting there explaining to her what goes into the drink, and one of the mixes is peach schnapps. She goes onto tell me how she doesn't like artificial peach. This is a fact I didn't know about her, but I don't like artificial peach, anymore, either. I told her I didn't and the memory that went with peach, and she said to me, "Lindsey, you are able to associate anything with something." Well, I hadn't really thought much about this before but I really do.

I smell an old cologne, and I think of my first boyfriend. I hear a song, and I think about a night at Applebee's where a group of boys sang out loud. I see a sign and think of how many memories I had at a certain restaurant from college. I see a full moon with orange tint and think of a kiss I shared with my first love, and the butterflies I got. I drive past a street and think about a neighbor in Logan who I am pretty sure was supposed to seduce me to his tree-house in Hawaii...at least he said he had one there.

It is crazy how much unimportant events I remember. However, saying that all of those events are so important to me, they are my life and moments in time that I really do treasure. Now there are times I wish I remembered more important things like history so I could have past my history tests! I was big on writing in a journal in high school. I recently came across them, and in reading them, I wonder if I remember so much from that time in my life because of me writing it down. I so wish I would have written in my journals more in college, because I had such a great time with so many people, and I am saddened to know I won't remember it all.

Back in my kitchen...I am cloroxing my counters as I am remembering how weird I am, and wanting to bitch about cleaning, I think of something else. I am truly not a wifey-wife! I honestly would usually rather spend a day at work vs spending a couple hours cleaning my house. I hate folding laundry and putting the clothes away, and I feel like cleaning is truly never ending. I made a new years resolution to clean one thing in my house everyday to try to keep things neater. Well, I have done that, but I have YET to have my entire house clean. It's like my new years resolution should have been to clean my entire house every day. BLAH!!! It's for the damn birds.

I have blogged about this next one before, but it truly drives me crazy. I LOVE staying in touch with people from my past. I still talk to friends from high school, my best friend from elementary is still my best friend. I keep in touch with my ex-boyfriends mom, and my list goes on and on and on. I truly value the people who have and are in my life and I hate letting them go. I just feel like at some point in my life all of these people were important to me and I want to know how they are doing and be able to hang out....I know weird right!?!?! Try being me!!!!

Anyway, that is enough of my weirdness tonight. LOL...Thanks S for making me giggle on me being so weird!

2 comments:

  1. do you know what is strange that I always remember? That time we went to TacoTime in Logan and you bought me that blt? burrito! I remember it was soooo good.. I have craved one almost every day since! haha

    ReplyDelete