Thursday, December 23, 2010

All Within A Week

Last week was probably one of the CRAZIEST weeks I have had. We had so much going on and so much to do! I want to document what we did, just so when I think things are crazy, I can look back at this past week and compare.

Sunday, December 12 was moving day. It was long and tiring, but we got a lot done!

On Monday we continued to unpack and pack up the old house. We tried to get necessities put away and some more done.

Tuesday was a BIG shopping day. I am one of the two peer leadership team leaders at school and we are in charge of sub for santa. So Missy and I spent an entire school day shopping. We went to Kohls, Wal-Mart, Famous Footwear, Shoe Carnival and Old Navy. 7 1/2 hours and $2600 later, we had purchased Christmas for our students and headed to drop all of the treasures off back at work.

Wednesday I started getting sick. I still had so much to do between work and home, and then on top of it was getting sick. I spent a good part of my day sorting through the presents and then through the boxes when I got home. That night I started to feel like I had been hit by a train.

Thursday morning I was way sick. I called in sick to work and slept in til about 8:30. After that I had to go to Wal-Mart for some medicine. That was complete madness and Carter was a nottle. When I got home I spent an hour cleaning, and then crashed. I then had to go get pizza and drinks and go into work at 3 for Sub for Santa wrapping. That took a few hours and during that time I was dealing with the repercussions of a fist fight that had occurred in my classroom earlier that day.

Friday was an assembly at school. Of course PLT was in charge and it was so much work! It came together very nicely, but it was exhausting. We were then to go to Castledale for my family Christmas party but I just didn't have it in me. That night we ordered pizza and just continued to work on the house.

Saturday morning came early and we headed for Castledale for a family gathering. I will post about next.

The last day of this week was Sunday. We packed up from Castledale, drove home went to WalMart, to then make a mad dash home, put as much away as possible and host our first gathering.

All and all it was INSANE! But we survived, and for the first time this year, this past week started to help make it feel like December and that Christmas was just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment