Thursday, December 30, 2010

It Doesn't Look Hard

I am going gray! That is all there is to it. I am no longer brunette, I am salt and pepper. I am no longer one who has brown hair, as much as I am being striped. I dye my hair and at this point in my life, I can't even hide the evidence of going gray anymore. So...what do I do...I continue to try my hardest to cover it!

Jocelyn used to dye my hair frequently, but with her living out of state, I have paid small fortunes the last few times for a dye and cut. Well, with buying a house the money is tight and Joc was in town. So, I finally asked her if we could dye my hair. She of course said, "yes."

As we were sitting there talking, she stated that she wanted to try cutting someone's hair. See, she works for a hair stylist in Del Rio, TX and has been watching her cut for 10-12 hours five days a week and felt like she could do it. Joc has always had an eye for that kind of stuff, so I told her she could try it on mine. I hadn't had my hair cut for a long time, and really could use a trim, and figured if it went bad, I could pay for it to get fixed, but if it went well, I would save over $100.

So, Tuesday afternoon, Joc and I made a trip to Sally's bought our hair dye and scissors and went home. I won't lie, we were both very nervous, but went ahead with our game plan. A LONG three hours later, we were straightening my hair. Much to my surprise it turned out GREAT! I would have Joc cut my hair again ANYTIME!


The only down fall...Not all the gray disappeared! BOO!

1 comment:

  1. She did an awesome job! I love the new hair cut. I am so sorry that you are going gray, I am just glad it is you and not me. ;)Love you!

    ReplyDelete