Tuesday, December 28, 2010

The Day After Christmas

Christmas this year was truly four days long. We were able to spread it out quite a bit, which turned out to be really nice because we were able to spend some serious time with everyone instead of running around all day long trying to spend an hour or two at the most with all the different families.

The day after Christmas, we decided we needed to go and see Papa Lynn. We had not seen him yet this holiday season and wanted to make sure we were able to spend some quality time with him.

The three girls and our families and dad and Kel headed north Sunday morning, and spent a little over two hours up there. We were able to open some presents, which were different items that had been my grandmothers, which truly touched each of us girls. We then had pizza and just socialized. Brian showed Papa Lynn an Ipad and Papa Lynn was in heaven. I then thought it would be cool to get a picture of Papa Lynn, Dad, his 3 girls, and then the 3 grandkids. Turned out to be a very cool picture.

The snow was falling fairly heavily, so we had to leave due to another Christmas party on mom's side. It was Grandma's anual Christmas party and it was insanely crazy, but so much fun. There are some family members I see only at Christmas and it is fun to catch up. However, with all the kids it was CRAZY BUSY!


As I was sitting there eating, I decided it would be very cool to have a picture of my grandma, the kids of hers that were there, all of the grandkids there, and then the great-grandkisd. So...I spoke to Aunt Beth, and she helped me get it all togheter. It turned out much better than I hoped, and a picture we will treasure forever!

We then had a White Elephant gift and I was number 1...Bummer! We also picked two names of all the adults there to plan for next year, and guess who's name was picked! Yep...mine! LAME!



Anyway, as always it was nice to spend some time with that part of the family and a great way to end the celebrating section of Christmas! I am so grateful for all of our family and friends this holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment