Friday, December 24, 2010

Meet The Weatherfords

There is a long, I am sure complicated, story behind this. I am not ready to share it all to the world tonight. What I am ready to share is the event that happened yesterday. It touched Our Lil Adams Family, and I believe, at the least, friendships were made.

Yesterday afternoon, Dustin, Carter, and I met the Weatherfords. Who are they? Ed is Dustin's biological father, Laura is Ed's wife, and Wayne, Dustin's half brother.

They flew into Salt Lake City and were headed to Pocatello, Idaho for a family reunion. On their way in they asked if we could meet, have lunch, and spend some time together.

We went to La Luna for some Mexican food, then mozied our way on over to the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory and Coldstone. We then agreed we needed some pictures. I will admit right now I may have gotten a little carried away. But I felt like there were so many pictures I wanted and such little time...I don't regret any of them!






Once pictures were done, the Weatherfords had to get on the road. We hated for the quick visit to already come to an end, but fully understood they needed to head. We talked about a possible trip to Florida this summer, and invited them back to Utah any time!





We are so grateful we were finally able to meet the Weatherfords! As they got on I-15, I found myself a bit emotional. They waved and honked and blew us a kiss like we had done it a million times before. It touched my heart.


We look forward to when we see them again. In the meantime, we are grateful for the few hours we had with the Weatherfords.

No comments:

Post a Comment