Thursday, June 23, 2011

Lou Turns 2, Father's Day, and A Leak!

Sunday was quite the day. We woke up early to get the house all ready for Lynnie Lou's 2nd birthday party. The weather was CRAZY so we knew we would be hosting indoors on this one. We got the house all clean and Grandpa Garry ordered this for the yard.



We still needed to get ready, so while Stac and Bri started decorating Dustin and I went upstairs to shower and get ready. While Dustin was in the shower Stacy comes RUNNING up the stairs, pounds on the door and informs us that there is water pouring out of our ceiling fan downstairs. AWESOME!!!

Well, I have had a lot on my plate the last couple weeks and this was just to much for me. So, my dear husband, on his Father's Day, got to go downstairs and see what was going on. Once my hair was curled, my make-up was on, and I was dressed...(basically there was NOTHING left for me to do but go look)....I went downstairs to find this.





Well, I may have had a bit of an emotional breakdown, and people may have thought I was being dramatic but it was just a lot for the time being. I recognize now it is what it is and in the big picture it's nothing. I was just not ready for holes in my ceiling and a leak.

After I pulled myself together we celebrated Lou's 2nd birthday. She is so fun and it was a pleasure having people at our home to celebrate.



Once the party was done, we headed to Mandy's for dinner. She had a very nice BBQ for all of us and we got to spend time celebrating the dad's.

It was quite the day and I was ready for bed. I just want to say how grateful I am for Dustin and all he does for our little family. There have been several events these past few weeks where my husband has taken a situation and been AMAZING in dealing with it and more so me. I love him and how much he can balance me out. I love you babe and Happy Daddy's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment