Thursday, June 23, 2011

RENT

Several years ago I was in New York and saw the sign for a play called, "RENT." I was young and not very worldly and really had no idea what kind of play it would be. So, I opted for Beauty and The Beast and Phantom Of The Opera. They were both incredible and I loved that I had seen both of them on Broadway.

I came home and a few years later, I saw there was a movie called, "RENT." It was based on the play and I was anxious to watch. So, I rented it, watched it, LOVED it, watched it, and eventually bought it.

Ever since I have had this HUGE desire to see "RENT" live. I have wanted to see the characters act and get the whole scoop. Last September, at "The Lion King" in the pamphlet I saw "RENT" was coming to Pioneer Theatre. While we were there I told my mom this was the next MUST see play. Well, most the time I forget, but this one was important enough I continued to pay attention to dates and times.



On Monday my mom and I were talking and agreed to go.

IT. WAS. INCREDIBLE.



The scenery was perfect.

The crowd was so fun.

The seats couldn't have been better.

And I was in HEAVEN.



The music to RENT touches me. There is something about it that reaches my soul and I totally get. I don't know if it is because it is a group of friends who go through huge trials and stick together or if it is that so much of what they discuss is Taboo but so much reality. I don't know...but it gets me.

It was truly one of the VERY best plays I have EVER been to. I was in awe of the performance and loved how they made it their own. Their was more music in the play then in the movie and I thought it just brought the whole story in even more.




I am ever so glad I had the opportunity to see this show. I am going to add to my bucket list to see RENT on Broadway...just so I can say I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment